The Christie Foundation’s Community Grants program supports and enhances innovative programs, tools, and techniques that further health care education throughout the Christie Clinic region. The Foundation’s goal is to transform communities, services, institutions, and access to health care.
We support projects and ideas designed to assist communities, individuals, and populations with limited or no access to health care resources as well as those that have demonstrated their ability to leverage additional investments or gifts to help sustain efforts and build broader community support.
Tax-exempt organizations in communities served by Christie Clinic entities are eligible to apply. Grants are typically under $5,000. The Christie Foundation Board annually makes a determination regarding the total funds to be allocated in support of Community Grants.
Grant award decisions are made by the Board of the Christie Foundation. All grants are reviewed and selected by the Board. Below is the criteria we ask each organization to consider before submitting:
- Nonprofit organizations that qualify for public charity status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or public schools are eligible.
- Projects will be considered that are designed to assist communities, individuals, and populations with limited or no access to health care resources as well as those programs who have demonstrated their ability to foster broader community support.
- The Christie Foundation is located in East Central Illinois and considers grants that will affect communities in our geographic area.
- Grants are typically under $5,000. Grants should be based on single year grants. Organizations interested in additional years must reapply and address why additional grant money is needed.
- Please do not submit applications for individuals or any purpose, political lobbying activities or political purposes, private foundations, dinners and/or events, churches or religious organizations, and theatre or performance acts.
- Grants will not be considered for the purchasing of computers, software, audiovisual equipment or marketing materials.
- Grant applications should be submitted no later than October 1 and decisions are usually made by December.