Snapshot from the Christie Foundation
The Christie Foundation is named after Dr. Charles W. Christie, who began practicing medicine and surgery in Champaign in 1924. He and his brothers, Dr. John B. Christie and Dr. James M. Christie, co-founded Christie Clinic in 1929. Brother Thomas Christie was an x-ray technician at the Clinic. Dr. Charles Christie’s family continues to maintain close ties to the Christie Foundation. Pictured here is Foundation Executive Director Gary Wackerlin (left) and Bob “Lefty” Moore, husband of the late Joan Christie Moore. A nursing scholarship was established to honor Joan’s life and legacy.
To learn more about the Christie Foundation and its history, see http://www.christie-foundation.org/about-us/history/.